Love – Romans 5.6-8
The reason why this is Xmas: God’s love doesn’t come to us apart from Jesus Christ.
- At the right time, Jesus Christ gave Himself for us.
- In light of who we are apart from Him, it was the right time.
- Part of what makes His love unique is its prior nature.
- Part of what makes His love unique is its affect – it frees us to love Him.
- We have never been loved like this.
- His love justifies – saving us from wrath.
- His love reconciles – creating relationship with Him.
- My perception of His love determines my perception of His pursuit.
- My perception of His pursuit determines my perception of His love.
- God leaves nothing to chance by demonstrating His love in Jesus and pursuing our hearts.