God Sighs (Part 2)
Religion is the place people run to be respected when they refuse to be real.
Jesus Sighs at Religion (v.11-13)
- In the heart of the Pharisees was the question of what God could do for them.
- They related to God so that He would do as they wished.
- So That People don’t become giving people, praying people, serving people.
- Dire consequences result for So That People.
Why do we live as So That People?
- We don’t know God’s provision and power (v.1-10).
- We don’t deal with the idols of our hearts (v.14-16).
- We don’t understand God’s message (v.17-21).
The Gospel frees us to live as Because of People instead of So That People – not motivated by what God will do for us but by what He already has done for us.