Can You See Him?
- Suffering & Rejection – experiencing the physical and relational fracture in Creation.
- Death – dying voluntarily as a payment for sin.
- Resurrection – rising victoriously as powerful King.
- Because the content is true, we commit to Him.
- We go deeper into the content of the Gospel as we follow Jesus – we do not move on from it.
- He calls for commitment from everyone, not just a few.
- Discipleship isn’t a second step in the Christian life – it is the Christian life.
- Investment – why give yourself to something that’s guaranteed to fail?
- Purpose – what does the world offer that really and truly satisfies?
- Exclusivity – is there nothing else I can do?
- Judgment – will I stand when all is done?
- Deny Yourself – this is not denying something to yourself but choosing the surpassing value of Christ.
- Take Up Your Cross – this is not a modest adjustment for an admirer but a consistent pattern for the disciple.
- Follow Me – this is not a convoy of experience seekers but a prescribed path with Him as our example.