Audio to this sermon can be found here: Jesus Goes Outside (our comfort zone)
Jesus Goes Outside
Jesus is at work outside our comfort zones today. We are left with two options: miss out or join Him.
Outside our Practices
- His life and ministry are shaped by His practice of prayer, not vice versa.
- Pray using the Bible as a guide.
- Pray using the calendar as a friend.
- Pray using the response of spiritual warfare.
Outside our Movements
- He left the success of Capernaum for the ministry in unnamed townships.
- His glory was coming, but first the Kingdom needed proclamation and demonstration.
Outside our Ministry
- He retreated and redirected, but He’s not aloof.
- He stopped for someone who offered Him nothing.
- He touched the untouchable, making clean the one who made Jesus “unclean.”
- He healed the one who (possibly) deserved it least.
Outside our Command
- We don’t understand His commands but are still accountable to them.
- We can trust that everything He says is best for His Kingdom.