Why are you hanging out with those people?
- Jesus consistently works in the most unlikely places.
- Jesus was comfortable around sinners – so why aren’t Christians?
- Some are afraid of the risk of association – protecting their reputations.
- Some are afraid of catching the sin disease – choosing fortress over mission.
- In Jesus’ Kingdom, it’s okay not to be okay – it’s just not okay to stay that way.
Why are your people not acceptably religious?
- Jesus does not bring stoicism on top of asceticism; He brings joy.
- Jesus does not patch the old; He makes everything new.
- Jesus does not fit into our categories; He defines Himself to us.
Why are your people not keeping the rules?
- Sabbath was for resting, remembering, and reorienting around God.
- Exalting the symbol reduces the need for a Savior.
- Reducing a relationship with God to a checklist means missing Him entirely.
- Discernment can see whether the precept falls in line with the two overarching commands: God-love and neighbor-love.