Monday, September 9, 2013

Do you value the Word?

Our student pastor, Kyle Jackson, preached a great sermon yesterday on the last three elements of the armor of God in Ephesians 6 (as a PSA, find it at sermons.heritagepark.org).  One of the things he kept emphasizing was how important the sword of the Spirit is in the spiritual battle.  It's the only offense-oriented weapon in the list.  Everything else is defensive in nature.  And though they protect, they don't win the fight.  The fight is won by the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

So here's the question I've sat with since the sermon yesterday:  do I value the Word of God like a fighter would his sword?

The follow-up this morning is this:  if I do prize it, what do I do to possess it? to make it my own?  What more do I need to do or discipline myself to do to make sure that it stays in my hand, sharp and ready, and in the fight?

Something to think about this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment