Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sermon Notes from Sunday, 9.22.13

Here are the sermon notes from Sunday, 9.22.13, on 1 Peter 2.4-10.  I started a series called Together, trying to highlight the necessity of the church.  You can get these notes in PDF and the sermon audio on our website, sermons.heritagepark.org.  You can also download the sermon audio via our podcast on iTunes.


Together
Part 1 – New Person, New People 
1 Peter 2.4-10

Three Foundational Statements

  • We were never meant to be alone
  • We can be together and not be alone
  • We can become more together than we can alone
This is in the nature of the Gospel

The Gospel Creates a New Person

  • WhenIcometoHim,Iammadenew
  • When I come to Him, I am given a new identity
  • When I come to Him, I am given a new purpose
  • When I come to Him, I will not be put to shame

The Gospel Creates a New People

  • Jesus died alone so we would never have to be alone
  • Every noun referring to believers is plural
  • Every image requires a plural understanding
  • Church is a together effort

Particular Application:

  • Put yourself in a circle, not just a row
  • Invite someone to church 

No comments:

Post a Comment