Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today, Church looks like...

Cheesecake.

No kidding.  This is church for me today.  Mmmmmmm...



Here's why.

One of our friends and fellow Heritage Parkers brought down dinner tonight.  I had a full day and night of staff meeting, other meeting, sermon work, letter writing, and paper chasing.  I rushed home to a 5:30 basketball practice for the team my son is on and I'm coaching.  This is after the curveballs of yesterday and the insanity that is life with four kids under 10.

I'm not complaining.  I'm simply saying church looks like cheesecake.

Our friend rolled up to our house, dropped the stuff off, stayed to chat, and then left.  I came home to a yummy meal and just polished off some cheesecake with fruit topping - which of course makes it healthy.

And I'm grateful to be a part of a church family who loves people practically and without prompting.  It's just who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment