Part 21 – Marriage is a Faith Issue (for Husbands)
Two Big Fears in a Husband
· Fear of inadequacy – negative answer to his question
· Fear of being controlled – never be able to answer his question
Summed up in question: do I have what it takes?
What is the content of the call?
· To lay your life down for your wife
What are the expressions of the call?
What are the conditions of the call?
· It’s unconditional – you lay your life down no matter what she does.
· This is about faith in Christ.
· Be Spirit-filled – what happens in v.25-30 hangs on v.18
· Remember: she’s God’s blessing (Prov. 18.22)
· Go all in – lose the 50/50 myth
· Get off the turf – when it doesn’t go the way you planned, get up and do it again
· Keep the goal in mind: her sanctification.
· Do the small things – don’t quit in the small things – you’ll be more likely to quit in the big things