Monday, July 29, 2013

It's a whirlwind, but please don't think I'm heroic

For those who haven't heard, my sweet and courageous wife, the Queen, is in China working to serve orphans through her skills as a physical therapist.  I miss her.  But I'm glad she is being used by God and her unique skill set is being employed.

Some of my most well-meaning friends have talked about how incredible it is that Ginny's gone and I'm at home.  I certainly don't mean to be ungrateful here, but I just don't know what they're talking about.  Let me explain briefly.

Yes, I'm at home with four kids.  My mom has popped in for a couple of days, so there has been help.  Some dear friends brought over a meal today because they're just awesome like that.  We're all alive.  No one has missed a meal.  As I type everyone is sleeping peacefully.  It's a mere ten days.

There are moms and dads who do this solo for days at a time while the spouse travels for work regularly.  I'm no hero.

There are military moms and dads (looking at you, KR) who do this for months at a time.  I'm no hero.

There are single moms and dads who do this solo all the time.  I'm no hero.

There are moms and dads who care for sick spouses for months, then have to grieve as death wins and then help their kids grieve.  I'm no hero.

I'm glad to support my wife.  I rejoice that I have a wife to support.  I'm glad she's on mission and using her God-given skills earned through her hard work.  

Thanks for all who've asked about me and the kids.  We're doing fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment