Part 22 – Marriage is a Faith Issue (for Wives)
Question: do you notice me?
· Sarandon Quote from Shall We Dance? “We need a witness to our lives. There’s a billion people on the planet. I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage you’re promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things…all of it , all the time, every day. You’re saying, ‘Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness.’”
· Fear: Am I alone?
· Fear: Will I matter?
What is the content of the call?
· Submit to husbands as to Lord
o Not passive
o Not absent from text
What are the expressions of the call?
· Encouragement – summoning godly leadership out of your husband
· Affirmation – saying yes to godly leadership by your husband
· Following – supporting godly leadership by your husband
What are the conditions of the call?
· As to the Lord – you follow your husband and follow Christ
· This is about faith in Jesus, not your husband
· Find the Cross
· Deal with Anger
· Deal with the Issues (see 4.25-32)