Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today is Election Day: Go Vote

Some evangelicals, some friends, and some others have talked about how they're not voting this year.  I think that's a mistake on both the spiritual and cultural realms.

I have been places where there is no voting allowed.

I have seen places where the cultural erosion is not delayed by Christian engagement in the civic sphere.

I have talked to vets who have sacrificed significantly for the country I call home.

I have seen how twisted theology can become to support (or not support) a candidate.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, we will know who our next President will be.  Whether or not he is your choice, the God of the Universe is our Hope.  But we cannot and should not shift into reverse on the cultural and political fronts.  Tempering our hope in them?  Yes.  Ceasing our engagement?  No.

I commend to you that it's your civic duty to vote.  It's also your spiritual duty.  Even if you have to "vote against" someone by voting in favor of another, it's still better than being silent.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment