Monday, April 2, 2012

Tree of Life Day 57: Matthew 27

Jesus cries from the cross and quotes Psalm 22:  My God, why have You forsaken Me?

It's more than just a scripture memory moment at an intense time of life.  This is prophetic and insightful all at the same time.  It tells us that something historic, something deep, and something incredible is happening.

Never before had the Father looked away from the Son except in this moment.  Before this, the Son had only known the Father's pleasure.

But when the Son became sin, it all changed.  Now the blow of wrath was coming.  Now the loneliness and isolation that sin causes was His to experience.

It all changed.

And because it all changed for Him, it all changed for me.  I'm more like Barabbas than I choose to admit, because I'm the guilty one who gets to go free.  And all because of the One who took my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment