Christmas 2011 - Love
God has immovable love.
What kind of love is this immovable love?
- Abounding (Numbers 14.18)
- Atones for iniquity (Proverbs 16.6)
- Better than life (Psalm 63.3)
- Comforting (Psalm 119.76)
- Crowns us (Psalm 103.4)
- Cuts off our enemies (Psalm 143.12)
- Earth is full of steadfast love (Psalm 33.5)
- Endures all day (Psalm 52.1)
- Gives us life (Psalm 119.88)
- God will meet me in His steadfast love (Psalm 59.10)
- Good (Psalm 69.16)
- Holds us up (Psalm 94.18)
- High as the heavens (Psalm 36.5)
- Not removed from me (Psalm 66.20)
- Precious (Psalm 36.7)
- Preserving (Psalm 40.11)
- Satisfies us in the morning (Psalm 90.14)
- Saving (Psalm 31.16)
- Surrounding (Psalm 32.10)
- Watches over me (Psalm 61.7)
- Endures forever (44 times in the OT)
How do we know His love is immovable?
First, because He promised.
- But I’m not one in God’s favor (v.1-3).
- But I don’t have anything to offer (v.4-5).
- But I have too much baggage (v.6-8).
- But God’s people didn’t love me, so He must not either.
Second, because He secured His promise.
- Isaiah 52.13-53.12
- He punished the Savior for your sin.
- He dealt with the divide so you can be united to Him.
What is our response?
- To love God in return.
- To love others on His behalf.
- Because God’s love is immovable, we are free to love others knowing that the well from which we draw will never run dry.