Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Heisman and the Manger

Robert Griffin III (or as his adoring fans and Baylor alumni know him:  RG3) has won the Heisman trophy.  I’m not sure if you knew that I was a Baylor alum or not based on my making fun of Aggies and wearing green all the time.  And I’m not sure if you heard me as I jumped out of our recliner and screamed with joy as the announcement was made.  Call me a proud Baylor alum who is happy for his school and for a great kid.

I have two favorite quotes related to all the Heisman noise.  First, Kirk Herbstreit saying that RG3 has brought Baylor football back to relevancy.  Ouch.  Second, from a friend of mine:  “I don’t know how to live in a universe where Baylor football is a winning program and we have a Heisman finalist [and now winner].”  Cracking me up.


And that brings me to the non-Heisman related point of this column.  Can you live in a universe where the God of the universe who is fully in control of everything becomes what is seemingly a helpless child?  Can you live in a universe where a unwed teenage mother bears the Savior of the world?  Can you live in a universe where a deity wins the day through a death penalty case?  Can you live in a universe where a backwater prophet predicts He will die and rise again, then actually does so?


You do.



But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment