4 – Worthy of the Gospel of Christ
Motivations matter in the Kingdom of God.
- Higher: who God is, what He has done, and who He has made us to be.
- Lower: warning, guilt and shame.
- Lower motivations can keep us from unrighteous acts but do not produce a righteous life.
3 Expressions of Walking Worthy of the Gospel
Standing firm in one spirit.
- Through the Gospel, Jesus creates equality among humanity.
- Through the Gospel, Jesus creates community for humanity.
- Application: talk to people before you talk about them.
Striving side by side
- The church Jesus creates through the Gospel is the main method of spreading the Gospel.
- “I am not gifted for evangelism.”
- “I don’t know any lost people.”
- “I don’t know how.”
- “I can’t answer all their questions.”
- “I can’t answer all their objections.”
- “I don’t have an opportunity.”
- Application: tell your story.
Not frightened by opponents
- It is a sign of their destruction because it signals that there is more to love than your own life.
- It is a sign of your salvation to others and yourself because of the courage you display by His grace.
- Application: fight to live securely.