Sunday, May 1, 2011

Usama Bin Laden is dead...

I'm not celebrating the fact that an expertly fired bullet ripped through human flesh.  But I am celebrating that he will mastermind, fund, and/or carry out no more murders.

I'm not celebrating that he is, by all accounts, separated forever from his Maker.  But I am humbly celebrating that God is a God of justice.

I'm not celebrating the death of +/- 5 people.  But I am celebrating the courage of American Special Forces operators.

I'm not celebrating that he probably had an untold number of Pakistani officials and military officers on the payroll.  I am celebrating that our President said we'd go get him if we found out he was in Pakistan and that's exactly what we did.

I'm not celebrating the reality that anyone lost anyone.  I  am celebrating the fact that there are a lot of families, from 9/11 victims to military families since, that have a sense of closure.

I celebrate the fact that technology made more loss of life unnecessary.

I celebrate the fact that, maybe, his organization will really struggle from this point forward since it lost its visionary and primary funding source.

I celebrate the fact that the world might, and I do say might, be a more peaceful place when I wake up in the morning.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment