Taking Aim at Parenting
Part 2 – Deuteronomy 6.1-9
What our kids need most: knowing God through the Gospel.
- External Authority (v.1-2)
- Unqualified Obedience (v.2-3)
- Consuming Passion (v.5)
- Our prayers are directed to the one true God (v.4).
- Our prayers get offered for our kids and with them.
- Our audience is heirlooms and arrows (Psalm 127.3-5).
- Our content is delivered in a Gospel environment (Deut. 5.6).
- Our content lays out the right way to relate to God within that environment (Deut. 5.7-21).
- Our method is the consistent, spontaneous, and visible witness about God.
- Training is always after the heart.
- The goal is for kids to learn to hear God’s voice and obey it.