Monday, May 23, 2011

A Tribute to My Wife on our 13th Anniversary

I love my wife.

I really do.  I enjoy her.  I laugh with her.  I confide in her.  I try not to be a pain to her.  These are not reasons I love her.  They are results of the love I have for her.  It was 13 years ago today that I said, "I do" to her in front of family and friends.  I'd do it all over again in a heart beat.

Here's why.

She has an undying capacity to always do the right thing.  She may fuss and fume, but when the chips are down it's a done deal that she will do what's right.  I am consistently amazed by her fortitude in that and find myself grateful for it regularly.  I'm inspired by it.

She has a very sensitive meter to what's fair, right, and wrong.  Her world has very little gray.  In a world where there is too much gray, she's refreshing.

She can wear multiple hats successfully better than anyone I know.  She's a wife, a pastor's wife, a mom, a physical therapist, a photographer, a friend, a laundry doer, a floor sweeper, a shower scrubber, a friend, a student, an idea-generator, a mission tripper, a chauffeur, and a counsel-giver.

She asks great questions.

She has seen hard times, stared them down, and come out better for them.

She has a creative flair that pops up in her scrapbooking, photography, and other areas.

She wanted to adopt first.

I love you Ginny Henderson.  I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.  And I wouldn't want to do this life with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment