Monday, April 22, 2013

Wow. What a Sunday.

Yesterday was incredible.  The kinds of Sundays that pastors long for and remember.

First, it was a great day with the gathered church.  Singing.  Praying.  Honesty.  Gratitude.  Repentance.  Celebration.  All of that's awesome.  The Word was strong and the worship was focused on Jesus.  So so so good.

Second, and more special to me personally, I got to baptize the Ninja yesterday.  His little life has the markings of Jesus all over it.  When I asked him last week as to why he wanted to be baptized, he stated, "Daddy, I just want to tell all those people that I'm a follower of Jesus now."  I couldn't have scripted it any better.  So so so good.

What a sweet, amazing, powerful time.  My heart is full as I type this.

And that leads me to the question to ponder today:  what if most Sundays were like that?  What if the church gathered in anticipation, with a sense of expectancy hanging around like when you know someone's been smoking but quit before you walked in the room?  It's instinctive and attention-getting.  What if your spiritual senses were acutely aware that God was lingering in the room?

Because it's not as if He doesn't want to meet with His people next week.  And the week after that.  And the week after that.  It's not His passion that waxes and wanes from week to week.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment