Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Decision-Making Time (a prayer)

If ever you want to pray a biblical prayer for help in making a decision, I commend to you this one:

Make me to know Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your Truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I will wait all the day long (Psalm 25.4-5)

Actually, the whole psalm is very good to pray during that time.

Notice this, though:  the psalmist wasn't asking for an answer first but transformation.  He wanted to know the ways of God and afterward to understand the path.

Which would you want more from God - a map or a Guide?  And your answer will be the tell-tale signal of whether you want a benefit or a relationship.  We know which one He'd prefer.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment