4th Sunday of Advent: Love
Three gifts given by God
Gift #1: God gives a new spirit
- God is the primary actor here – He must accomplish this for them
- The people are in no position to help themselves
- The people have no power to help themselves
- The people have no proclivity to help themselves.
Gift #2: God gives new eyes
- The fact: they will look upon the Pierced One
- The feeling: they will mourn over their part
Gift #3: God gives new standing
- From the Pierced One comes a fountain
- In it they are cleansed from their sin
And He has…
- Given People a New Heart
- Given People New Eyes
- Given People a New Standing
It started in Jerusalem and has been unstoppable since.
Romans 5.8: because of His great love, even while we were still sinners Christ died.
o Greater than the story of a dad who loved his daughter so much that he put on his police uniform and spent 7 hours with her is a God who put on skin and came to earth to give His life so we could spend forever with Him