Prayer Sermon 2012
Why be Expectant in Prayer?
God does hear
- The testimony of the Bible teaches us that God hears.
- The story of our experience reminds us that God hears.
- His willingness to hear reveals His heart.
God will answer
- He will answer for those not expecting it.
- Objection: If God is going to act anyway, why pray?
- Prayer is the means by which God acts.
- He will answer in surprising ways.
- Objection: Why didn’t God answer the way I prayed?
- We do not pray so that He’ll be good to us but because He is.
- There is a clear distinction between praying with expectations and praying with expectancy.
o One counsels God on how to act – one confidently believes He will