Thursday, August 9, 2012

Church Leadership: is it embarrassing to you?

Stolen...ahem...borrowed and reposted in its entirety from the NavPress Blog.


 
 
I’m embarrassed when church leaders take their disagreements into public forums.
 
I’m embarrassed when church leaders compare attendance then silently compete with other churches.
 
I’m embarrassed when church leaders are unwilling to fellowship with other churches or church leaders because of a theological difference of opinion.
 
I’m embarrassed when church leaders choose business practices over biblical practices in their oversight of Jesus’ bride, the church.
 
I’m embarrassed when church leaders prove through their attitude and actions that they are spiritually immature believers.
 
I’m embarrassed when church leaders make decisions that enhance their personal agenda rather than making decisions that further God’s agenda.
 
I’m embarrassed when church leaders view themselves as career ministers when they were called by God Himself to be pastor shepherds.
 
But most of all... I’m embarrassed about the times I’ve exhibited some of these tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment