Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A New Old Discipline

I have bitten the bullet.

I'm entering again into the world of higher education.  On the student side.  Previously, I have ventured back into the classroom, but the pupils survived my Greek Readings class.  This time I'm on the receiving end, not the giving.

I am pursuing the Doctor of Ministry (DMin) degree at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School near Chicago.  I have 10 classes and a project to get a doctoral degree, and I hope to be smarter on the far end of things.  For those who care, I'll travel up 2-3 times a year for Monday through Thursday class periods.

But I'm relearning how to learn again.  I have leisurely read 30-50 books a year for the past 13 years.  Now people will be asking about them, reading my papers about them, and so forth.  Sheesh.  What was I thinking?

But it's a good, new, old discipline that I'm getting into.  It's stretching parts of my brain that haven't been stretched in a while.  I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Learners grow.  I'm counting on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment