Think and Live
Transformation is an inside-out process.
- Renewal of the mind is its method (Romans 12.2).
- We are barraged with ideas, images, and information – but do they renew our mind?
Objection 1: it’s not affecting my life because it’s only “entertainment.”
- It’s hard to condemn what you enjoy.
Objection 2: it’s not affecting my life because I can discern the difference.
- But advertising works and Satan works even better.
Objection 3: it’s not real life to go through my day thinking about the Bible.
- Christianity is the most real-life religion on the scene.
- In fact, Christ doesn’t want you to withdraw – you miss a lot and lose the mission.
- We discipline ourselves so that we dwell on Him.
- When I encounter the opposite, I envision the good.
Practice what works.
- Teaching: what I have learned, received, and heard.
- Modeling: what I have seen.