Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Environmental Hypocrisy

I had a funny moment with the Ninja today.  He has a wall at his school called the "footprint wall" that exhibits ways he can help reduce the environmental footprint of his life, etc.  I'm certainly not Al Gore, but we do recycle and so forth.  I do enough not to feel guilty, I suppose.

So Ninja wants to put a HEB bag on the wall.  He cuts out the plastic HEB label on the HEB grocery bag and then...

wait for it...

wait for it...

...he throws the rest of the bag in the trash.  And it struck me just how funny that was.

And then I thought about all the times I fully intend to try to do one thing and just flat out screw it up.  I set out to do the right thing and it doesn't go great.  And sometimes I have the wisdom of a 6-year old who doesn't think through every decision and the implications thereof.

God grant me wisdom to lead my life, my family, and your church and help me become who you want me to be.  Amen.

Wait.

Did I just hear you pray that prayer too?

We all need it, don't we?

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment