Serve Like Jesus
Part 1 – Serve Like Sheep
Serving Sheep are Sheep
- The big question is how sheep got to be sheep.
- It isn’t because of what they did.
- It isn’t because of who they did it to.
- It was because of who they are.
- The way anyone comes into the Kingdom is through confidence in the King (Eph. 2.8-9).
Serving Sheep Serve
- The service flows from the identity – we are made to do good (Eph. 2.10).
- There are physical needs around us to be met.
- There are relational needs around us to be met.
- Meeting those needs means ministering to Jesus.
- It’s not always easy, but we are accountable for the good we should do.
- The issue is shalom – the wholeness and well-being of the world around us.
God cares about the poor (Proverbs 19.17).
- This is why we’re involved in Haiti.
- Affluence doesn’t mean poverty isn’t present.
God cares about orphans and widows (Isaiah 1.23-24).
- Who around you needs help because they can’t do it themselves?
- Who around you needs investment because there are absent parents?
- How can I be involved with helping children?