Part 4 – Giving as Worship
Giving that Worships
- God-worshipping people have giving as a priority (v.42-43).
- God-worshipping people know giving requires sacrifice (v.44).
- Her worship wasn’t in the amount but in the allegiance.
Our Issues with Giving that Worships
Idolatry – “All you want is my money.”
- Temporary treasures are not worth our worship – Matthew 6.19-24
- You can’t take it with you, but it can take you with it – 1 Timothy 6.6-10
Instruction – “I honestly don’t know what I’m supposed to do.”
- Giving Path 1: Tithing – 10% of your earned income to the local church.
- Giving Path 2: Offerings – any cause that grabs the affection of my heart.
Information – “If I had known, I would’ve given.”
- A planned, disciplined approach to giving helps meet needs.
- A planned, disciplined approach to giving propels you toward generosity.
History – “I gave once and it didn’t go well.”
- Your history doesn’t negate your obedience.
- At Heritage Park, there is no question you can’t ask about our finances.
Distance – “Isn’t this just for air-conditioning and copy paper?”
- If you cannot see the impact, you might not be close enough.
Fear – “I can’t see how we’re going to give this month.”
- God is a good provider and worth our obedient worship.