Part 5 – Even Though…
Today’s Question: will I worship when times get hard?
Suffering is Expected
- Jesus had predicted His suffering 3 times.
- Expecting suffering blunts its impact on my heart.
Emotions are Acceptable
- Jesus held nothing back in His emotional response.
- The Psalms help me find God-honoring language to go with my emotions.
God is the Same
- My circumstances have changed, but God’s character has not.
- My circumstances have changed, but my relationship to God has not.
- My circumstances have changed, but His perspective has not.
God Knows our Pain
- Disappointment (v.37-42)
- Desertion (v.50-52)
- Injustice (v.53-64)
- Physical Suffering (v.65)
- Betrayal (v.43-49, 66-72)
- Emotional Suffering
- Spiritual Suffering
- I worship Him because He can empathize (Heb. 4.15).
The Future is Real
- Jesus walked through His trial because He could see the future (Heb.12.2).
- I worship Him because He will bring that promised future to reality.
Our Commitment is Faithfulness
- Jesus committed to faithfulness at any cost.
- I worship Him by doing the same thing (Heb. 12.3).