Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Musings of an Adoptive Dad - Part 3

Because I'm a pastor and think about things in spiritual terms, it's only appropriate that I spend a moment to comment on how physical adoption reinforced Gospel adoption to me.

Consider...

I didn't choose God but He chose me because of His great love (Eph. 1.4-5).

I am bought by a significant price and sacrifice on His part (Eph. 1.7).

I am experiencing a life that I never could've created on my own (Eph. 2.8-9).

I am, quite literally, a citizen of a different kind of governance (Eph. 2.11-12).

I was a foreigner to God and He took me in, calling me His own son (Eph. 2.13).

I am now a part of a family that is much bigger and cooler than I could've imagined (Eph. 2.19).



The beauty of all of this:  just as I don't have a regret in the world, neither does He.  Wow.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment