Monday, March 17, 2014

Well, well, well. Look who is blogging.

For those of you who have been waiting with bated breath for a new post...wait a minute, there's no such person.

A brief catch up and then a thought.

Since last blog, we have gotten everyone home and more or less settled into a routine.  Amen.  We have found out just how serious Ewok's condition is.  Bottom line:  very serious.  We have changed diapers and remembered how to do them fast so fists don't find feces.  And we have had visitors galore.  Today is the first day back to school from Spring Break.  The Big 3 are back in class and in routine.

So, that's us.

Briefly, I mentioned Sunday this question to our people.  I preached on the passage in Galatians 2 that includes v.20, the verse you know from Galatians 2 if you know a verse:  "I have been crucified with Christ.  I no longer live but Christ lives in me.  This life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself up for me."  I pointed out that living by faith is not a passive or past tense life.  It is present tense, being the hands and feet of Jesus to people in need in places where Jesus wants to go.

So here's the question:  if Jesus reigns over everything, is He asking you to do something to demonstrate that reign?

Is there something that's on His agenda that's not on yours yet that will push you, prod you, make you step out, and stretch you beyond your current capacity?

The answer is...wait for it...

Probably.

I can't say definitely because, well, I'm not Jesus.  But my guess is He always has something greater, deeper, closer, or lower for you to do.  Because those are the places He does His work, some of His best work.

So if I could ask you that question in person, what would your answer be?

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment