Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The uncertainty and the Certainty

Confession:  I didn't sleep particularly well last night.

I can hear your "ahhs" and "ohhs" from here.  I'm glad you're concerned, so I'll go ahead and tell you why.

We're in the beginning stages of hiring a children's pastor.  God commissioned our other one to another church, even against our protests and prayers.  So we're in that personnel process as a church.

I was thinking about that and many other issues in the middle of the night last night.  And I just sensed the Spirit of God speak to the spirit of Trent and say, "Who you hire doesn't affect who I am."

The circumstances of my life, my leadership, our church, our staff, our health, our children's health, or anything else I could name does not affect who God is.  He is the same - yesterday, today, forever (Heb. 13.8).  He never changes.  Never waffles or shifts.  No transitions in Him.  Not even a shadow of turning, in the older phrase of James 1.17.

Be encouraged, dear reader.  No matter your circumstance, you will find God the same in it.  No matter what changes in your life, He will not be one to morph on you.

Constant.  Certain.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment