Thursday, May 16, 2013

Is furious too strong a word?

I don't know if you've seen the story on the Manhattan wives who have hired a dubious company to help them get around Disney World in a more timely manner.

That's the nice way to say it.

Here's what I really wanted to say:  over-indulged and over-resourced Cows of Bashan pay over $1000 per day to have a disabled person as a part of their group so they can skip the lines.  No FastPass.  No waiting with the "normal people."  They hire a person in a wheelchair so their family doesn't have to wait in line.

What a load of...well, a load of something.

As the dad of two special needs kids, one of whom I have pushed around a theme park in a wheelchair, I could not be more furious.  First, at the spoiled, entitled families.  Then, at the company that would pimp out such people.

Steam is pumping out of my ears.  I just had to wipe the humidity off my computer screen.

And then a little bitty quiet voice.  "But you're not entitled to anything, right?"

I just don't want to talk about it right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment