Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Living FROM

For about the past 6 months, I have been swishing Philippians through my soul like I used to swish jello through my teeth turning it into colored sugar-water.  One of the benefits of praying, thinking, and at times lurching after a book that's inspired by the Holy Spirit is phrases reach out and grab you.  Here's one:

"...but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own" (3.12).

I am His own.  I am HIS own.  I am HIS OWN.  His.  I am His.  I am His own.

That's stunning.

And it liberates me to live differently.  I don't have to live so I will be His own (because I already am).  I don't have to try to do the dance to get the approval of a man.  I am God's own.  I don't have to seek the applause of the crowd or the cheers of the bystanders.  I am His own.

But it also gives me something to live for.  I live from the place of being God's own.  I live for the things that Jesus Christ is about.  I live for the things He cares about.  I live for getting to make a difference and impact in this world while I'm here.

But so many live for something so they can find an identity.  Which are you?

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment