Taking Aim at Purity
Part 1 – 2 Timothy 2.22
Purity: cleanliness of heart.
Defining the Heart: the core of the self.
- It is the place from which you speak and act.
- It is marred by sin and cleansed by Jesus.
- This cleansing cannot be achieved from an outside source.
- It is the target of Jesus’ redemptive work.
Cleansing the Heart
- It is not a work of ours but a work of grace (v.25).
- It is coupled with our repentance – rethinking our thinking about my heart.
- It leads to Truth which liberates us from our Enemy.