Taking Aim at Evangelism
Part 1 – Titus 3.3-8
God shows us up in Christ (v.4)
- God moves toward a broken world.
- God is holy and has holy love.
- God’s love is anchored in the person and work of Christ.
- False Gospel: there is another way to know God.
God saves us (v.5)
- We cannot and do not save ourselves.
- False Gospel: sin robs us of fullness and Christ helps us reach our potential.
- God has pity on us.
- Regeneration: change of allegiance and affection.
God justifies us (v.7)
- False Gospel: sin doesn’t deserve judgment but compassionate understanding.
- Christ takes our sin and punishment, then gives us His righteousness.
God adopts us (v.7)
- Christ brings us into His Kingdom as heirs with Him.
- His redeemed family is central to His redemptive purpose.
- False Gospel: salvation is only individual and the church is optional.
Application for Evangelism (v.8)
- Insist on these things – just because they are not popular doesn’t mean their not true.
- Demonstrate these things – intentionally and consistently give yourself to good works.