Jesus, Demons and Pigs
Jesus Liberates the Individual
- There is no natural solution to the man’s problem (v.3-4).
- His life was marked by disruption and destruction (v.5).
- His only hope: supernatural deliverance (v.6).
- Jesus takes on the real issue and deals with it (v.7-13).
Jesus Invades Culture
- Fear comes because they do not understand and cannot control transformation (v.15-16).
- Every culture, without a prevailing crisis, will drift toward deism.
- Deism is a refusal to give thanks for blessings and accomplishments.
- Deism is a removal of accountability for actions and attitudes.
- Response: “Go Home” or Fortress?
- Response: “Tell” or Privatize?
- Response: “Tell” or Legislate?
- Culture can remove Christ, but He still invades it through those He saves.
- We declare our delight in every area of life – and this area matters most.