Here are the sermon notes from Sunday, 11 July 2010. This sermon, like the one from 4 July, was more touring through a story than teaching it. In these cases, the stories are powerful enough to speak for themselves. I tried to point out stuff along the way through the text. You'll be able to get the audio as soon as it's up (normally by Tuesday) at sermons.heritagepark.org.
Jesus Does Wholeness
Anyone is welcome to come to Jesus.
- Upstanding citizens come and meet Jesus.
- Unclean outcasts come and meet Jesus.
- When you come, be ready for transformation (v.29).
- When you come, be ready for truth (v.33-34).
- When you come, be ready for trials (v.35-36).
Anyone can be made whole by Jesus.
- Those who want the show may get it but miss Him (v.37)
- Those who posture and pose miss Him (v.38-40).
- His Word always plays a part in wholeness (v.41).
- His Work is verifiably real and inspires awe (v.42-43).