Thursday, May 15, 2014

The eye is the lamp of the body

The eye is the lamp of the body.  So says Jesus.

What that practically means is that your gaze has gravity.

The Ninja likes to ride his bike one-handed.  And then he looks at something he passes.  His hand follows his look, and he ends up on the ground.

When I was learning to drive, my dad always talked about looking where I was going and I'd help the car get there.

At Family Camp every year, Swanee (the wrangler-in-chief) tells us to look to where we want to go and the horse will go there, because our body will direct him that way.

When I was learning to ski, I remember the ski instructor talking about looking where I wanted to go and my body would follow.

The eye is the lamp of the body.

If I look at temptation, I will go there.  If I look at Christ, I will go to Him.  If I look at my trial, I will go where it leads.  If I look at Jesus, I go where He leads.  If I look at things I ought not, I will go there.  If I look at the Bible, I go there.  If I look at money, I'll seek it.  If I look at the Kingdom, I'll seek it.

Your gaze has gravity.  Put it in the right place.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment