Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Comments on happenings (nothing profound)

So much is happening!  It's hard to comment on it all...


As bad as plagiarism is, letting yourself (if you are a journalist) become the story instead of telling the is pretty bad too.  Janet, are you listening?

If you can find a better ending of a football game on any level by any team than the Alabama v. Auburn game from this past Saturday, please send it to me.  Are you kidding me?  All they needed was for that Chris Davis kid to take out a guy playing trombone in the end zone.

My alma mater, Baylor, needs a mind-jarring, fog-clearing, confidence injection.  Ever since Bryce Petty got tripped up by that piece of turf and Shock Linwood tried to do something only a freshman would do, they're heads are not screwed on tight.  And Texas is coming to town.  Please, wake up Bears.

Advent is here.  It's my favorite church season.  Don't get me wrong, I love the message of Easter.  But I love the season of Advent.  There's a rhythm to it that helps people connect to something bigger than themselves if they let it.  And as a Baptist, we didn't do that as a kid nor until I really came to pastor at Heritage Park.  Honestly, I think we did it on a whim the first time.  We'll call that divine intervention.

This is an interesting piece of satire from Stephen Smith regarding some popular preachers and how hard and fast they draw the lines on men's and women's roles in the church.  An interesting piece, indeed.

I had a theology professor completely misrepresent another theologian in an email.  What the professor didn't know was I was sitting with someone who knew the other's material so well that there was chapter and verse quoted about just how wrong the professor was.  Dang I hate it when that happens.  It's like an academic beatdown.

If you haven't seen or heard the Christmas stuff from Pentatonix, you're missing pretty cool stuff.

That's all.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment