Monday, October 28, 2013

It's been a while!

Whew.

It's been a while since I last blogged and a ton has gone on.  Among the happenings...

1.  I got sick.  So did most of my family.  I slept for most of one day.  Apparently my body needed that.

2.  We finished our dossier and now are paper-ready to adopt.  Now we just need (another) mountain to move and paperwork for the little one we're praying for (Maggie is the name) to get processed and over here.  You can absolutely join in praying for that.  For the record, when we last adopted, it was a 6-month paperwork process.  We did this one in just shy of 11 weeks.  Booyah.

3.  Peanut had surgery.  And she's doing great.  She was born with a congenital issue called arthrogryposis, a malformation of the hands and wrists.  She also had no bicep in either arm.  We were working to surgically help her be more functional.  We'll know the degree of success in a few weeks.

4.  A bunch of other stuff that either I can't tell you or you don't want to hear about.

It's been wild and woolly around here.  But I'm back to the blog.  And I hope to have something worthwhile to say in the days ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment