Part 5 – When a Prophet Wants to Chat
1 Kings 19.19-21
- It’s a calling of desire.
- It’s a personal calling.
- It’s a powerful calling.
- It’s a calling to allegiance.
- He wasn’t looking back – He was saying goodbye.
- Sometimes we leave our old life, but we always leave our old way of life.
- The why and the how of our lives change.
- When we follow, it’s always a good trade.
- The very thing Elisha depended on was what he offered to God.
- You can expect other people to feel the weight of your following Jesus.
- Consistent Challenges:
o Relationships – reshaped by our commitment
o Ambition – redirected under the cross
o Possessions – reevaluated in light of eternity
- Our Pattern: arise, go after, assist.
- When He moves, we move.
- Where He goes, we go.
- What He wants to do, we do.