Everyone is Guilty.
- Original Sin: we inherit the proclivity to sin from our first parents.
- Responsibility: we stand justly condemned before God.
Sin is Ugly.
- Jesus’ death is so painful because sin is so heinous.
- It serves as a reminder that we cannot play with sin.
Propitiation is God’s Plan.
- Jesus serves as our substitute, taking the blow of God’s wrath against sin.
- In doing so, Jesus defends God’s righteousness as He pays for our sin.
Separation is Shattered.
- Everyone who puts their confidence in Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf is united with God.
- Jesus demonstrates God’s love for us at the cross and the length to which He will go to end the separation.