Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Exactly 1 Year Ago


One year ago at this very moment, my phone rang with the incalculably valuable Bec on the other end of the line, giving me horrific news that our baby girl was in the middle of two massive strokes.

One year ago right now, I couldn't breathe and was trying to drive on the Gulf Freeway with my other 3 in the car...trying not to fall apart until I could get them settled.

One year ago right now, The Queen was holding the Minion and, in the kind of gift of mercy that you never ask for but are grateful for, knew exactly what to do and what to say.

One year ago, Framily showed up like an army of yard-mowers, food-deliverers, bed-providers, and most of all prayer-warriors.

One year ago, all hell broke loose but Reigning Father rubbed His hands together eagerly in anticipation of the process of redeeming of it all.

One year ago, we were pressed but not crushed, struck down but not destroyed.  We were corks in the hurricane - tossed but held afloat somehow.  We were sieves, with a few solid spots but mostly holes.

One year ago, Dr. Ken Brady in the CVICU and another attending named Cesár began the process of medically treating and saving my little girl's life.

One year ago right now, I was never sure that I'd be typing what I'm typing.

Through it all, God is faithful.  Through it all, God is good.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment