Monday, June 30, 2014

Sick people everywhere...

I have sick people everywhere.  Okay, maybe not quite everywhere, but pretty close.

The Minion (the child formerly known as the Ewok - we decided her native language was more Minion than Ewok) started us off with fever and vomiting and so forth.  After a trip to the ER to evaluate the impact on her heart, all is good.  Just a virus.

But the Ninja came up to me after church yesterday with the sad eyes and sickly voice.  "Daddy, I don't feel good."  Sure enough, he was running fever.  Not puking.

In the past 24 hours, I have been puked on and peed on.  I have changed clothes.  I have been incredibly grateful for the Queen.  We have been inestimably helped by friends.  Just a normal weekend in the Henderson household.

So as my kids lay around like old dogs, grumbling or whining when they have to move, I pray for them.  And some still, small voice seems to bubble up from the carnival that is our life.

"Hey.  When my kids hurt, I hurt too.  And I long for their wholeness."

Sometimes we participate to a large degree.  Sometimes we just show up to the party.  God brings deliverance and healing and wholeness.  That's His agenda.  That's His Father-Heart.  For a condition far worse than a virus and for people far more loved than I even love my own.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment